The Sky Isn’t Falling
realitites of a post-Roe America
Pro-abortion activists are channeling Chicken Little and declaring, “The sky is falling!” If Roe v Wade is overturned they say thousands of women will die. The truth is women will not only benefit but flourish without abortion. You’ll hear from one woman who was denied an abortion under the Texas Heartbeat Act and is now thankful for it. A fetal development expert paints a verbal picture of the beautiful unborn baby within the womb. Another compares America’s extreme laws on abortion with the rest of the world. Chicken Little had it wrong then and America’s pro-abortion activists have it wrong now. Women and their babies will thrive in a post-Roe America.
American After Roe: Genevieve Plaster on Overturning Roe v Wade
America After Roe: Kenya Tells Her Pregnancy Center Story
America After Roe: Dr. Katrina Furth on Baby Development at 15 weeks
America After Roe: Pastor Jim Garlow Discusses the Church After Roe
America After Roe: Pastor Jim Garlow Shares an Incredible Story
As our special thank you for standing with America’s women and their babies, we’d like to offer you this ten-week feet pin, identical in size and shape to the feet of an unborn baby at just ten weeks. Please wear it every day as sign of your solidarity with those who are vulnerable to the abortion industry.
Top 10 Ways You Can Help
1. Pray for an end to abortion and ask others to pray.
2. Share pro-life news, stories, images, blogs, and videos online via social media.
3. Educate yourself by subscribing to The Latest (weekly blog) and Life Issues (our daily brief radio commentaries). Each will keep you abreast of the latest happenings regarding abortion and related life issues. Perfect for sharing on social media
4. Encourage your member of the clergy to preach about abortion. Direct them to our Church Pro-Life Resources page.
5. Talk about the life issues with friends, family, neighbors, and co-workers and wear a Precious Feet pin every day to encourage discussion.
6. Pledge to vote only for pro-life candidates.
7. Contact your senators and representatives when legislation concerning life issues is before Congress. Also contact your local and state legislators.
8. Get training and volunteer to be a sidewalk counselor at an abortion facility.
9. Volunteer at a pregnancy help center. Find a center near you.
10. Support our pro-life efforts by making a one-time or monthly donation to a pro-life organization.
For more suggestions click here.
15 Facts at 15 Weeks
1. All of the major organs have formed.
2. The heart pumps 26 quarts of blood per day.
3. The heart has already beat approximately 15, 800,000 times.
4. Each finger moves separately.
5. The fetus prefers sucking his left or right thumb.
6. The entire body responds to touch.
7. The fetus responds to taste.
8. The brain creates neurons at a rate of 250,000 per minute.
9. Brain connections formed at 15 weeks’ gestation last into adulthood
10. The fetus can feel pain.
11. Females have most of the eggs that they will ever produce.
12. The fetus has practiced breathing for over six weeks.
13. Eye movements are easily seen in ultrasound recordings.
14. If a doctor took an X-ray this week, the fetus’s skeleton would be visible.
15. Surgeons have successfully performed surgery on fetuses at 15 weeks’ gestation
Pro-Life Church Resources
Here are some resource links to assist Pastors and church members to promote and discuss the pro-life cause in their churches.
Her PLAN (Her Pregnancy and Life Assistance Network) facilitates collaboration between assistance providers and their communities to empower women and families through comprehensive medical, social, and material support.
Well Versed Future Conference
The Future Conference has almost 40 speakers. Most of them are short, 10 minute TED type talks. Thus the conference is fast paced. Some of the topics are “heavy” and challenging. However, this is not a conference of fear, but of boldness, courage, preparation and confidence. Click on the title or picture above to register for the conference.
National Pathways to Life
This is a practical guide for church leaders called, “Pathways to Life: A Guide for Churches to Help Pregnant and Parenting Moms in Need.”
Bearing in mind your church’s unique personality, cultural surroundings, and often existing ministries, this guide presents ideas and models on how to become involved, or expand your reach, to save babies and moms from abortion.
The Sky Isn’t Falling: Realities of a Post-Roe America
While nearly all of Western Europe has laws limiting abortion to 15 weeks or earlier, in America, that’s not the story. Reversing the Roe decision sends legislation back to the states where abortion laws would reflect the will of the people—and basic human compassion.
Dr. Katrina Furth, Ph.D. earned her doctorate in neuroscience at Boston University. Her interests include fetal and infant brain development in humans, embryonic heart development. Dr. Furth enjoys educating scientists and non-scientists alike about brain development and helped create the Voyage of Life website at the Charlotte Lozier Institute. She believes that as people come to understand more about embryonic and fetal development, they will be more likely to support life-affirming policies.
Dr. Jim Garlow after 50 years of pastoral ministry, now leads Well Versed, a ministry whose mission is to help governmental leaders become “well versed,” teaching God’s principles to apply to their nation’s governance. The ministry is already established with gatherings taking place in the U.S. Congress and various agencies in Washington DC, at the United Nations in New York City, and at the Knesset in Jerusalem. An aspect of the organization’s purpose is also “to give people courage to stand, to speak up, to not back down, to know how to say what they ought to say, when they ought to say it, in the manner in which it needs to be said.”
Genevieve Plaster, M.A. is the deputy director of policy and administration for the Charlotte Lozier Institute (CLI). Genevieve has testified before the House of Representatives’ Judiciary Committee on research measuring the life-saving impact of the Hyde Amendment. She has also appeared on EWTN News Nightly and EWTN Pro-Life Weekly television shows to discuss research on physician-assisted suicide and abortion coverage in Obamacare.
Kenya is a mom from Texas who contemplated abortion because of her dire circumstances. She didn’t believe she had the financial capability of taking care of another child. She already had two sons, 8 and 2-years-old. But due to the new prolife Texas Heartbeat Act, she was able to find a Texas prolife pregnancy center who helped and supported her every step of the way. God was also walking with her through this time in a very real way. She and her 8-year-old son are very happy to be welcoming a new baby boy to their family.
If extreme pro-abortion activists and the abortion industry are true to past form, they’ll channel Chicken Little and declare the sky is falling, claiming any erosion of Roe v Wade will cause the deaths of countless women.
The reality is if the Court upholds Mississippi’s Gestational Age Act, it will put our nation in closer alignment with the abortion laws of most European nations.
Read more >>
One of the most effective ways to add more converts to the side of LIFE is to share the beauty of the unborn child. What follows will help you advance the cause for America’s unborn babies and their mothers.
Read more >>
Understanding Dobbs v Jackson Women’s Health Organization, (aka, Dobbs late-term abortion case). This brief summary will bring you up to speed.
Read more >>
About Brad Mattes
A veteran of the pro-life cause . . .
With over 46 years of significant contribution and recognition in the pro-life movement, Brad Mattes is widely known in the United States and worldwide for his passion for the preborn.
He is the commentator for the daily Life Issues program, heard on over 1,300 radio outlets nationwide and is the co-founder and president of Life Issues Institute.
As president of the organization, Brad is responsible for the global objective of Life Issues Institute: to develop and disseminate effective pro-life education.