Life Issues Institute, Inc. is a tax exempt 501 (c) (3) nonprofit organization in existence since 1991. It provides pro-life educational resources to the public at large and the pro-life movement. Its mission: assuring, through education, equal protection under the law for all living humans from the beginning of their biological life at fertilization until natural death. Its central focus is ending legal abortion.
Life Issues Institute, a leader in Grassroots Pro-Life Education, is looking for a Communications Associate who has excellent writing and organizational skills.
This fast-paced position will use a variety of media to get the pro-life message out to the masses. Through email, social media and other opportunities the successful candidate will be able to develop high quality written materials and analyze reporting to demonstrate the success of those communications. It is imperative that the successful candidate have excellent research skills and a strategic mindset.
This can be a full or part-time position
Qualifications & Core Competencies:
• Excellent verbal and written communications
• Excellent research skills
• Ability to develop high-quality written materials
• Highly attentive to detail with excellent time management and organizational skills
• Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects
• Highly motivated with a results-focused approach
• Ability to meet tight deadlines and work in a fast-paced environment
Main Duties & Responsibilities:
• Research and prep bullet points/drafts for weekly LII mass communications including Brad Mattes’ weekly radio commentaries and emails
• Review reports for LII radio commentaries, refine and pitch targeted station contacts
• Manage all LII social media platforms including but not limited to Facebook, Twitter, and Soundcloud
• Manage LII website and make weekly updates
• Monitor email accounts associated with the LII and reply to incoming grassroots inquiries
• Draft and edit copy as assigned including: memos, internal and external emails, press releases, pitches, talking points, blog posts, op-eds, tweets, social media posts, and miscellaneous copy
• Read and track journalists and outlets covering pro-life stories and angles of interest
• Track media clips and leverage in pitches, donor materials, social media; use to develop media analytics reports
• Proofread and edit materials
• Assist in sending out mass grassroots email communications
• Research speaking opportunities or other areas for promotion of LII commentaries
Telecommuting is an option for this position and a minimum one-year commitment is requested. Background check and workplace personality assessment will be required as part of the interview process.
To apply, please send your resume and cover letter to Bradley Mattes at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please state in your cover letter your position on abortion. Only pro-life candidates will be considered. No phone calls, please.
Interested in a Volunteer Opportunity?
We’d love to hear from you! Please email us or call 513.729.3600.